Ellen Henke, Home Page
I am senior lecturer at the University of Aberdeen in the Department of Mathematics, where I have worked since September 2014. Before that I held a postdoctoral position at the Centre for Symmetry and Deformation of the University of Copenhagen. My CV can be found here.
My research focuses on saturated fusion systems, which are categories modelling the p-local structure of finite groups. Thus, the theory of saturated fusion systems generalizes important aspects of the structure theory of finite groups and connects furthermore to questions in modular representation theory and homotopy theory. If you would like to read more, you might be interested in the book by Aschbacher, Kessar and Oliver.
Julian Kaspcyk is my PhD student, and Valentina Grazian was employed as postdoc on my EPSRC first grant from November 2017 to November 2018. Justin Lynd visited me with a Marie Skłodowska-Curie Individual Fellowship from August 2016 to July 2017.
Institute of Mathematics
University of Aberdeen
Fraser Noble Building
Aberdeen AB24 3UE
Publications and preprints
- Recognizing SL2(q) in fusion systems.
J. Group Theory 13 (2010), no. 5, 679-702. (doi:10.1515/jgt.2010.017)
- Minimal fusion systems with a unique maximal parabolic. J. Algebra 333 (2011), no. 1, 318-367. (doi:10.1016/j.jalgebra.2010.11.006, arXiv:1007.2159)
- Products in Fusion Systems. J. Algebra 376 (2013), 300-319. (doi:10.1016/j.jalgebra.2012.11.037, arXiv:1210.2184)
- (with Dave Benson and Jesper Grodal) Group cohomology and control of p-fusion. Invent. Math. 197 (2014), no. 3, 491-507. (doi:10.1007/s00222-013-0489-5, arXiv:1210.1564)
- A characterization of saturated fusion systems over abelian 2-groups. Adv. Math. 257 (2014), 1-5. (doi:10.1016/j.aim.2014.02.020, arXiv:1305.4139)
- (with Jason Semeraro) Centralizers of normal subgroups and the Z*-theorem . J. Algebra 439 (2015), 511-514. (doi:10.1016/j.jalgebra.2015.06.027, arXiv:1411.1932)
- Products of partial normal subgroups . Pac. J. Math. 279 (2015), no.1-2, 255-268 (Robert Steinberg Memorial Issue). (doi:10.2140/pjm.2015.279.255, arXiv:1506.01459)
- Direct and central products of localities . J. Algebra 491 (2017), 158-189. (doi:10.1016/j.algebra.2017.07.028 ,arXiv:1609.04362)
- (with Jun Liao) Control of fusion by abelian subgroups of the hyperfocal subgroup . J. Algebra Appl. 17 (2018), no.2, 1850024, 11pp. (doi:10.1142/S021949881850024X, arXiv:1611.04403)
- Centralizers of normal subsystems revisited . J. Algebra 511 (2018), 364-387. (doi.org/10.1016/j.jalgebra.2018.05.034 ,arXiv:1801.05256)
- (with Justin Lynd) Extensions of the Benson-Solomon fusion systems . In Geometric and Topological Aspects of the Representation Theory of Finite Groups (Jon Carlson, Srikanth Iyengar, and Julia Pevtsova, eds.),
Springer Proceedings in Mathematics & Statistics 242, 20pp. (arXiv:1701.06949)
- Subcentric linking systems . Trans. Amer. Math. Soc. 371 (2019), 3325-3373 (doi.org/10.1090/tran/7388, arXiv:1506.01458v2)
- (with Andrew Chermak) Normal subsystems of fusion systems and partial normal subgroups of localities . Preprint 2017. (arXiv:1706.05343)
- (with Justin Lynd) Fusion systems with Benson-Solomon components . Preprint 2018. (arXiv:1806.01938)
- (with Valentina Grazian) Semidirect Products and Wreath Products of Localities . Preprint 2019. (arXiv:1905.03762)