AUCC!

Author Topic: Climbing Lecture/talk/Thing at MacRobert  (Read 1065 times)

ClarkysaurusRex

• U R Hot
Climbing Lecture/talk/Thing at MacRobert
« on: February 02, 2012, 06:35:26 PM »
Got this email from uni:

From:[/size] John Rankin [mailto:iain_rankin@btinternet.com] [/size][/font]

[/size]Sent:[/size][/font][/size] 31 January 2012 12:44[/size][/font][/size][/size][/font][/size]To:[/size][/font][/size] Hall, Samantha J.; McKay, Sheila; Ausa; Main, Julie C; Scottish Agricultural College; Lagganlia; RGU Surveying; Hall, Samantha J.; McKay, Sheila; Scottish Agricultural College[/size][/font][/size][/size][/font][/size]Cc:[/size][/font][/size] IainRankin[/size][/font][/size][/size][/font][/size]Subject:[/size][/font][/size] Illustrated Talk[/size][/font]
[/size]

[/size]Dear Secretary,

[/size]I would be most grateful if you would please circulate this email to all members of your Staff and Students.

[/size]Thank you,

[/size]IainB. Rankin.

[/size]Chairman;  Aberdeen Centre of Royal Scottish Geograohical Society.

[/size]

[/size]Stephen Venables, the award-winning mountaineer,author and lecturer will present an illustrated talk entitled "Mister Everest: Journeys in the steps of Eric Shipton" in the MacRobert Building, University of Aberdeen on Monday 6th February, 2012 commencing at 7.30 p.m.  Eric Shipton was  a legend in the world of moutaineering and in his talk Stephen Venables will mix readings from Shipton's books with his own experiences on the same mountain ranges.

[/size]This is sure to be a memorable event given by Venables who was the first Briton to climb Mount Everest without supplementary oxygen.  Books written by the speaker will be on sale at the evening.

[/size]This illustrated talk is open to non-members of the Society. Admission for adult non-members is £8.00 and £2.00 for Students and Senior Pupils. Doors open at 7.00 p.m.

[/size]Further information from 01346 561283.

[/size]

[/size]I. B. Rankin Chairmana[/size]

[/size]
[/size]Stephen Venables is pretty bad-ass. I've read one oh his books, he's climbed a few pretty nuts peaks/soloed the north face of the Eiger, first Brit to climb Everest without oxygen, etc... So should be pretty good. Trixi and I are going, so give me a text if you wanna tag along.
[/size]
[font='times new roman', serif][/size]x[/font]

Catriona

Re: Climbing Lecture/talk/Thing at MacRobert
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2012, 12:53:20 AM »
didn't have your number, but sounds good, and i'd be keen for going along
 :)
love you! :)

Jess.

« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2012, 01:49:39 PM »
me too :)

ClarkysaurusRex

• U R Hot
« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2012, 11:37:53 PM »
Balls, thought this was tomorrow! Anyone make it?

Catriona

« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2012, 11:53:56 PM »
i didn't i'm afraid. i forgot about it and ended up in the pub
 :)
love you! :)